Best Friends Animal Hospital offers professional teeth cleaning and advanced dental care for both dogs and cats, including:
Your pet’s dental care does not stop after a professional dental cleaning. It is important to brush your pet’s teeth regularly at home. It’s a simple process and should only take a few minutes every day. Just like humans, daily teeth brushing reduces plaque and tartar and lessens the chance of your pet developing dental disease like gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Oral/dental exams.
- Comprehensive dental cleanings, polishing and fluoride treatments.
- Minor oral surgery including, but not limited to, tooth extractions, fistula repairs and removal of oral tumors.
- Comprehensive pain management before, during and after any oral procedure that may produce discomfort.
- Monitored general anesthesia through the dental procedure by our well-trained technicians with the aid of digital monitoring equipment.
- Home dental care instructions and product recommendations.
- A referral network to veterinary dentists and specialists when needed.
Signs of Oral & Dental Disease in Your Pet:
Please call us immediately if your dog or cat shows signs of any of the above symptoms. We will schedule a dental exam for your pet!
- Bad breath
- Bleeding from the mouth
- Loose teeth
- Discoloration and/or buildup of tartar on teeth
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Your pet doesn’t allow you to touch him or her around the mouth
- Red, inflamed, irritated gums
- Has difficulty playing with chew toys